Just because I’m not a clubbing person and you’re not talking to me? Ridiculous. Very.
Why do I dislike Singapore clubbing culture:
1) People only go there for the sake of going (No where to go)
2) Meeting potential fuck mates (applicable to both genders)
3) Grinding << This is the norm, if you’re not found to be doing this, you’re considered as weird
4) Paying so much just for one/two cup of drink (Be it the most expensive alcohol or orange juice)
5) All you get to see are people making out at every single corner of the hall/room (I don’t have to see it myself to know that this is happening)
6) Yes, you get to socialise (How meaningful is this? I know, exchange numbers or have one night stand)
7) Talking about music. The kind of music you have in these places. Of course, there are many types of clubs. And some clubs do have decent pleasant ambience and background noise. SOME means probably 12 out of 100 clubs. The rest just got karaoke – I’d rather go Kbox
8) From my knowledge, most of the people visiting clubs to drown their sorrows/destress. These people can be as young as just teens (sneaked in) in barely there skirts and see through dress. I gather that those middle age adults paying patronage to clubs are mild pedophiles.
9)When it gets crowded and noisy (from socializing and gangsters communicating), they thought they’re immersing themselves in the atmosphere when in fact, they look as if they’re going to drown and their soul gets noise pollution.
10) I don’t understand all the touchy touchy feely behaviour in clubs, pubs wherever. I guess that is the tradition. You don’t need rooms in clubs. You TOUCH openly because a club is a room.
Though I am presenting only the negative impacts of clubbing, but I am definitely not trying to diss this activity totally. Stated above are only MY opinions about clubbing as a nightlife option locally. Well, actually it’s almost the same everywhere else, except the odds are greater. You can do whatever you like, go anywhere you want. Grind all you like, I don’t care.
Yeah, I admit I am not a clubbing fan. I prefer attending music festivals or going to concerts rather than dancing on the already crowded dance floor or stand at a place looking solo, or not appreciating the drink drank drunk therapy (Laode invented this).
Being in a concert is different. I know this because I’ve been to several music concerts. it felt so spiritual and lively. Music is the food to my soul. When I listen to music so ever intently, I don’t even feel like drinking. The most memorable concert in Singapore was the one at St James watching Rachel sing live. She’s absolutely amazing *mesmerized* It doesn’t have to be rock&roll or pop or anything electrical. And I feel connected to everyone at that moment at the place where the concert was held.
The summer concert I have in the UK was situated on a hill’s top facing the sea (and the beautiful sunset). It’s so spectacular!! GOSH 😀 I was so over the top when the band started singing. I’ve had open Christmas concert at Orchard Road, musical concert at Esplanade and the SAGE in Newcastle. I missed out the one I planned to watch in London. Another one in Milan and Switzerland!!
In a concert:
1) People face ONE DIRECTION > To the stage (where musicians perform)
2) I know the person beside me likes what I like (if I met anyone here, I know he/she is not desperately wanting to fuck me)
3) I paid for the music and I know it’s so worth it (we chose to come for this particular showtime)
4) I know the songs, I know the musician
5) I can shout and scream all I like in loud music festival, but when it comes to soothing music, everyone of us just kept silent, and the music will own the place
6) It’s a place where people hold up their camera/recorder or phones high up above their heads
7) We hold hands, raise hands, jump whatever but not GRIND or grab each others butt (kissing happens too but not making out!! eek)
8) And most importantly, we’re high not because we’re drunk, not because we’re on drugs, but because we’re happy and high-spirited
9) Being in a concert is the place nearest to heaven (it felt almost the same)
10) Because I like therefore it’s good (being very bias here but who cares hah!)
I feel like going to next Lin JJ’s concert now~